Today, we are excited to share a new open source project we've been working on recently.
Parasol is a powerful smart contract development environment optimized for freedom and agile development.
- Instant zero-configuration contract deployments using INFURA
- Integrated Markdown contract documentation using Natspec + ABI
- Extended Mocha unit tests
- Auto-recompiling, tests & documentation on file change
- Unlimited customizability, exposure of all dependency configs
- Unopinionated design, low design pattern restrictions
Parasol follows three design principles.
1. Separation of Concerns
Most existing development environments are designed for dApps, not for smart contracts. Developers are restricted to the Migration smart contracts design pattern as required by other development environments to facilitate dApp versioning. Parasol puts into consideration developers who intend to develop pure smart contracts and avoids restricting them to a specific dApp design pattern.
Parasol aims to implement as little abstraction on top of its dependencies as possible. It provides direct configuration access to its core components such as solc and ganache. Additionally, it allows the user the freedom to customize and contract deployment logic through the deployer() function in the configuration file.
Agile development is important for the entire smart contract development cycle, not only for the Solidity contracts themselves. In the realm of Solidity, unit tests can end up taking substantially longer to perfect than their source contracts. Hence, they consume more time. And then comes, documentation. In Parasol's development environment, any changes made to unit tests, smart contract source code or any js/json file will immediately and quickly recompile all code, run static analysis, redeploy on ganache, recompile documentation and rerun unit tests.
Getting started is easy and requires zero-configuration.
- Install Parasol using npm
sudo npm i -g parasol-cli
- Initialize project structure in an empty directory
- Run development environment and start coding
Full developer documentation for Parasol can be found at our new developer portal: https://developer.lamarkaz.com/parasol